- Kids apron, Skinny La Minx (R185)
- Cloud cushion set, MonoShop (R250)
- Toddler milestone cards, Panda Love (R240)
- Sort ‘n Shake toy, Yummy Baby (R450)
- Socks, HeyMamaMagShop (R110)
- Sweet dreams print, Simply Child (R90)
- Flamingo cushion, A Love Supreme (R330)
- Star garland, Gray Fox (R170)
- Fabric doll, Little Black Ant (from R200)
- Playhouse, Sons & Daughters (R2800)
- Cup and bowl, Simply House (R550)
- Glitter crow, Dash of Cute (R130)
- KidO Toys airplane, Yummy Baby (from R270)
- Jungle animals bath time squirtie set, Wreak Havoc (R270)
- ABC paper placemats, Love Letters Stationery (R170)
- Aztec skinnies, Annapatat (R220)
- ‘Adventures begin right here’ print, Simply Child (from R90)
- BRIO wooden steam train set, Table Mountain Toys (R650)
- KidO Toys mix and match animals, Yummy Baby (R320)
- ‘I love you to the moon and back’ cushion set, Zana (from R390)
- Kids’ tipi, Mono Online Shop (from R1600)
- Dream Big print, Zana (R110)
- Babygrow monochrome face, Little Love (R160)
- Handmade fox plush, Little Black Ant (from R320)
- Metallic moccasins, Shoo Shoos (R310)
- Kiss cuddle repeat flag banner, Zana (from R210)
- Kido Toys floating whale, Yummy Baby (R200)
- Pink flamingo nappy cover, The Handmade By Me Shop (R350)
- Star cushion, Mono Online Shop (R150)
- Pastel building blocks, Little Love (R300)
- Bunny push toy, Simply Child (R320)
- Pink ellie slipper, Wreak Havoc (R170)
- Fox baby bedding set, Little Love (from R390)
GIFTS FOR TINY BABY BOYS WHO TURN YOUR LIFE UPSIDE DOWN IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE AND GRUNT LIKE BEAR CUBS3rd December 2015
- “Be adventurous” onsie, Panda & Frost (R135)
- Star mobile, Sons and Daughters (R200)
- Blockbot, Gray Fox (R350)
- Monkey toy, Aapie and Skaapie (R280)
- Moccasins, Jim & Bob (R250)
- Bunny soother, Wreak Havoc (R185)
- Cowboy cushion, A Love Supreme (R330)
- Natural wooden transport toys, Eco Baby Company (from R105)
- Wooden car teether, Faithful to Nature (R125)
- Alphabet print, Panda & Frost (R63)
- Organic cotton baby blanket, Mungo (R278)
- Hedgehog cup and bowl, Simply House (R550)
We’re so excited to kick off the Kimmy & Bear Christmas gift guide. This year we decided to buy all our gifts from small businesses. We like the idea of supporting local entrepreneurs. We are only featuring items that we love and that are within budget. We hope that you like all of our finds and our lists makes your Christmas shopping fun and easier (most of our of the items are available online!)
We’ll update this post as we publish each guide, here’s what you can look forward to:
Here are last year’s gift lists (although these included all shops and some international finds):
Best baby shower gifts – these are good for moms or babes.
When it comes to food shopping, my preference is to buy organic, especially for food I’m feeding my babes. However, I don’t find it that easy to find. Most supermarkets have some organic produce, but not that much choice. I know you can find organic products at smaller independent stores but it seems to be a few things from this place and a few things from that place, and with twin toddlers as shopping companions, trekking to more than one place is not so easy. I also find great organic food at local markets but these are mostly on weekends, which means that if I need something on Friday, I’m stuck, and if we miss the market due to other plans we miss buying the food.
All these problems were solved when I found Manic Organic. They make it easy, accessible, and convenient, to include organic products into your weekly meal planning by delivering your choice of fresh organic produce right to your door. We were recently discussing this at our weekly playgroup so I wanted to share since I am sure there are many moms who will be interested. Each week Manic Organic sources organically farmed and seasonal produce. I find I often get stuck in a “grocery rut” and end up buying the same products and ingredients every week. To me, this is also a way to get different things into our kitchen that are in season.
They make it easy to order too – all you have to do is subscribe to their weekly email and they will send you a list of what is available that week with all the prices. It is literally a matter of marking your selection and required quantity on a form and making the online payment. You can read more about how it works here.
I signed up this week and can’t wait to get my delivery!
As you know from yesterday’s post we christened Francie Sugar a couple weekends ago and then celebrated in Kimmy & Bear’s garden. We berry iced tea, my grannies pea and coriander soup, delicious lunch and a dessert table which featured a naked cake made by Kimmy, watermelon and the most yum Pete’s Super Natural Ice cream. We sat under the tree, played lawn games, the babes took their clothes off and ran around the garden… the last people went home at 9pm. It was a magical day.
Click here to see the decor from the christening lunch.
Thanks to Tink Photography for capturing the day so beautifully.